Hawaii License RB-18892
Hilo, HI 96720
Listing RemarksUp-Country Waimea at its very best. This custom designed, Hawaiian ranch style residence was originally built for renowned artists Hiroshi Tagami and Michael Powell and later extensively upgraded through a collaboration between deReus Architects and its new owner, a prominent interior designer. Sited on an acre lot, the home’s prime location is accessible to Waimea’s schools, a short drive to the island’s best beaches and yet, located in a neighborhood where horses graze and the scent of ginger fills the air. A private sanctuary in the heart of Waimea where you can enjoy a coffee on your lanai while looking at the slopes of distant volcanoes and see the Milky Way at night.
- Single story floor plan with tall, cathedral ceilings.
- Solid Ohia floors and architectural elements.
- Oversize lava fireplace.
- Expansive covered lanai with room for outdoor dining and entertaining.
- Large fenced yard, ideal for pets and small children.
- Luxurious primary suite with seating area, walk-in closet, adjacent office and resort style bathroom with a deep soaking tub and rainfall shower. Dornbracht fixtures throughout.
- Guest wing including two bedrooms, bonus room (easily converted to a 4th bedroom) and two full baths.
- Chefs' kitchen with Wolf and Subzero appliances, massive slab island and custom cabinets with Sun Valley Bronze pulls and Blum glides.
- Mudroom with covered entry, providing convenient access to kitchen and garage.
- Oversize two car garage with skylights and large windows, originally an artist’s studio.
- Full PV (solar) electric and water systems.
- Mature landscaping with lava pavers, and custom carved stone planters.